If you’re a champion of Meridian – our Mission, Vision and Values -- and you’re an all-around, community-minded individual who is looking for a way to make a difference in your community, then you may well be just the kind of candidate we’re looking for!
Who can be a Director
All Meridian Members who meet the qualifying criteria may participate in Board elections by seeking nomination and running for the Board.
Who can nominate a Director
As a nominator, you need to meet similar criteria to that of a potential candidate. If you know someone who you think would be great for this role and they are a Meridian Member, find out what criteria you have to meet and then how you can go about nominating them.
What it takes to become a member of our Board
- Members wishing to be candidates for Meridian’s Board of Directors are required to complete the 2014 Application for Nomination (to be available in the Fall of 2013).
- The nomination must be signed by five (5) Nominators who themselves meet the Nominator Eligibility Requirements.
- It is to be submitted along with all the documentation stated in the Application for Nomination.
- The package must be received by the deadline provided for receipt of Nominations.
- Once the Nomination has been confirmed as meeting the qualifying criteria, the Nominating Committee of the Board interviews all nominated candidates.
- Candidates are interviewed to evaluate experience, expertise and qualifications regarding specific Director selection criteria established by the Board from time to time.
- Upon completion of the candidate interviews, the Committee will place their recommendation behind those identified best qualified candidates in number equal to the number of vacancies.
- The candidate is advised whether they are receiving the Committee’s recommendation.
- The candidate can determine at this time whether or not they wish to stay on the ballot and participate in the election.
When is all this happening?
- Nominations for the 2014 elections will be open in the Fall of 2013.
- The Nominating Committee of the Board will validate the candidate’s eligibility, and conduct Candidate interviews early in 2014.
- Meridian’s elections will be conducted via electronic voting and in branch paper balloting in March/April 2014. Nominations are not received from the floor, nor does any voting for Directors take place at the Annual General Meeting.
- The successful candidates are announced at Meridian’s 2014 Annual General Meeting.
Interested in becoming a director? Learn more
If you would like to obtain more information, please contact our Corporate Secretary, Sheryl Wherry at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905-988-4042 ext 2267.