If you’re a champion of Meridian – Our Story – and you’re an all-around, community-minded individual who is looking for a way to make a difference in your community, then you may well be just the kind of candidate we’re looking for!
Who can be a Director
All Meridian Members who meet the qualifying criteria may participate in Board elections by seeking nomination and running for the Board.
Who can nominate a Director
As a nominator, you need to meet similar criteria to that of a potential candidate. If you know someone who you think would be great for this role and they are a Meridian Member, find out what criteria you have to meet and then how you can go about nominating them.
What it takes to become a member of our Board
- Members wishing to be candidates for Meridian’s Board of Directors are required to complete the Application for Nomination. The nomination period for 2014 is now closed. For details regarding qualifications, nominations, how to apply, etc., click here to view the 2014 Application for Nomination.
- The nomination must be signed by five (5) Nominators who themselves meet the Nominator Eligibility Requirements.
- It is to be submitted along with all the documentation stated in the Application for Nomination.
- The package must be received by the deadline provided for receipt of Nominations.
- Once the Nomination has been confirmed as meeting the qualifying criteria, the Nominating Committee of the Board interviews all nominated candidates.
- Candidates are interviewed to evaluate experience, expertise and qualifications regarding specific Director selection criteria established by the Board from time to time.
- Upon completion of the candidate interviews, the Committee will place its recommendation behind those identified best qualified candidates in number equal to the number of vacancies.
- The candidate is advised whether they are receiving the Committee’s recommendation.
- The candidate can determine at this time whether or not they wish to stay on the ballot and participate in the election.
When is all this happening?
- Nominations for the 2014 elections are now closed.
- The Nominating Committee of the Board will validate the candidate’s eligibility, and conduct Candidate interviews in February of 2014.
- During February, Meridian’s Nominating Committee conducted interviews of the ten candidates who submitted their Application for Nomination this year. As is required under Meridian’s By-laws, the Committee is required to place their recommendation behind the best qualified candidates in number equal to the number of vacancies. This year there were four vacancies. The candidates who were not recommended chose not to go forward after having been advised of the Committee’s recommendation, resulting in the four who were recommended being elected by acclamation. No voting in an election will therefore be required this year.
- The successful candidates are announced at Meridian’s 2014 Annual General Meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Liberty North in Barrie.
Interested in becoming a director? Learn more
If you would like to obtain more information, please contact our Corporate Secretary, Sheryl Wherry at email@example.com or at 905-988-4042 ext 2267.