$1000 Visa Gift Card Wealth Offer - Terms and Conditions
Meridian Credit Union is offering a CAD $1000 VISA Gift Card Offer (“VISA Gift Card Offer”) from June 16, 2023 to June 30, 2023 to new and existing Members, subject to satisfaction in Meridian Credit Union's sole discretion, of the eligibility criteria set forth in these terms and conditions.
In order to qualify for the VISA Gift Card Offer, Members must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Meridian Members who have achieved the age of majority in Canada.
2. Meridian Members who are Retail Members.
3. Meridian Members who attended the ANOKHI EMERALD EVENT SERIES 2023 event.
4. Registered and non-registered cash, investments, or a combination thereof (“New Assets”) must be transferred into a new or existing investment account at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”) from an investment firm account outside of Meridian Credit Union, motusbank, Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Securities, Credential Financial Strategies and Qtrade Direct Investing. Options, personal mortgages, units of limited partnerships or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union cannot be transferred in as New Assets.
5. The transfer of New Assets from an investment firm into a Qualifying Account must be initiated no earlier than June 16, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Toronto, Canada time (the specific date of transfer is referred to as the “Transfer-In Date”).
6. New Assets must be received into a Qualifying Account no later than 4:00 p.m. Toronto, Canada time on September 15, 2023. The VISA Gift Card will be sent to the Member via registered mail after September 15, 2023 but no later than October 31, 2023 on New Assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments). Qualifying Investments are all investments held in a Qualifying Account other than Non-Qualifying Investments. Non- Qualifying Investments include the following: cash, money market funds, premium savings accounts, GICs, options, personal mortgages, fixed income securities with a duration of less than six months, shares of CCPCs, units of limited partnerships, or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion (collectively, “Non-Qualifying Investments”).
7. Qualifying Investments must be received on or before September 15, 2023 and must remain in a Qualifying Account.
8. Qualifying Investments must have a minimum market value, as determined by the valuation method set forth herein, of $100,000 per type of Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
9. Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c) locked-in registered retirement savings plan accounts; (d) registered retirement income fund accounts; (e) spousal registered retirement income fund accounts; (f) life income fund accounts; (g) tax free savings accounts; (h) non-registered accounts. New contributions to registered retirement savings plan accounts and tax free savings accounts are also eligible for this offer.
Valuation and Payment
10. At the time of receiving the VISA Gift Card Offer the Member must be a resident of Canada.
11. Valuation of Qualifying Investments will be based on the market value of the Qualifying Investments as of 4:00 p.m. Toronto, Canada time on the Transfer-In Date. If New Assets are transferred in over more than one day, the value for all Qualifying Investments will be based on the date the last New Asset arrived.
12. The amount of the VISA Gift Card Offer will be $1000.00 provided the Net Qualifying Investments are $100,000.00 or more. The VISA Gift Card amount will be $1000.00 per Member.
13. The VISA Gift Card Offer is determined by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion and is payable on new assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments) after September 15 but no later than October 31, 2023.
14. VISA Gift Cards will be distributed to eligible Members via registered mail. Member mailing addresses will be confirmed prior to distribution of the Gift cards.
15. U.S. dollar accounts will be converted at prescribed rates in effect at Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities as applicable, as of the Transfer-In Date in order to determine whether Members qualify for the VISA Gift Card Offer.
16. All distribution of Gift cards as per the VISA Gift Card Offer will be completed by Meridian Credit Union.
17. You have until December 15, 2023 to notify Meridian Credit Union if the VISA Gift Card Offer has not been sent to you via registered mail. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for the Offer.
18. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
19. Meridian Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this offer, wholly or in part, with any other offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to withdraw this offer altogether. Meridian reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the VISA Gift Card Offer.
20. Additional terms and conditions apply to opening an account with Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities, and the transfer in, and operation of, accounts at any of Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities.
21. Meridian Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any offer.
22. All new accounts with Credential Asset Management Inc. and Credential Securities will be opened as nominee accounts.
23. Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities are not responsible for transfers that are not initiated or received and completed by the dates stated in Sections 4 and 5 due to problems or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any other delays on the part of the delivering institution.
24. Meridian Credit Union representatives that are not registered with Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities will not be involved in any investment decision involving a Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
25. The Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities representative managing a Qualifying Account must be affiliated with Meridian Credit Union.
26. Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Direct Investing, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Financial Strategies Inc. offers financial planning, life insurance and investments to members of credit unions and their communities. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, cash balances, mutual funds and other securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. There can be no assurances that the money market fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.