What documents do you need to open a business account?
What to bring with you when you open a business account
At Meridian, we’re always available and ready to help you simplify your business banking. That’s why we want to make sure that opening an account is as simple as possible.
To help you with the process, please review the checklists below detailing the documentation required for every category of business
You will also need to bring a form of acceptable identification when you open an account. Check our full list of acceptable identification.
Acceptable forms of identification
All identification must be original, current and valid, legible and in good condition. Each Owner, Officer and Authorized Signatory Officer are required to be physically present when ascertain identity. We will only accept forms of identification on this list:
- Driver’s License issued in Canada
- Canadian Passport
- Nexus card
- Canadian Citizenship card
- Canadian Permanent Resident card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status
- Other Foreign Government-issued photo identification if equivalent to a Canadian Government issued photo identification