One of the many ways we help lives grow is through Meridian’s Commitment To Communities. Ours is a local commitment. It is based on the cooperative values and beliefs our Members and employees share. Through it, we invest money and our time and talent to help build prosperous, resilient communities where people can grow their lives.
- Improve financial literacy with a special focus on local entrepreneurs.
- Invest in local organizations, businesses and activities that make our communities strong.
- Ensure that our employees lead healthy, safe and balanced lives; benefit from and take ownership of our success; and are supported in donating their time, skills and resources to their community.
- Create a healthier environment by improving our environmental impact in the community.
- Support a strong cooperative sector.
Our 2014 commitment – Up to $1.8 million
On an ongoing basis our commitment is to invest four percent of our pre-tax earnings (based on a 5-year rolling average) into our Member communities, in alignment with LBG Canada guidelines.
If you have any questions about Meridian’s Commitment to Communities and our community investment program please contact email@example.com