Niagara River Lions Contest terms and conditions
1. KEY DATES:
The Meridian River Lions Contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by Meridian Credit Union Limited (“MCU”) and the Niagara River Lions Club (the “Lions Club”) (together, the “Sponsors”) and begins on June 20th, 2021 at 8:00am and ends on July 18th, 2021 at 11:59pm (the “Contest Period”).
Contest is open only to residents of Ontario who are individuals and have reached the legal age of majority, except employees, representatives, agents, ofﬁcers or directors (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective subsidiaries, associated and afﬁliated entities, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulﬁllment of the Contest (an “Eligible Entrant”) (collectively with the Sponsors, the “Contest Parties”).
3. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES:
By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Ofﬁcial Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
4. HOW AN ELIGIBLE ENTRANT MAY ENTER THE CONTEST:
To register for the Contest, visit www.meridiancu.ca/riverlions. Fully complete the web form with all required information and signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. Once you have fully completed the Form with all required information and have agreed to the Rules, follow the on-screen instructions to submit your completed Form (your “Registration”). Entrants are not required to apply for and be accepted membership in MCU, or purchase membership shares or any financial services offered by MCU, in order to participate in this Contest.
Once you have completed a valid Registration in accordance with these Rules, you will be eligible to earn one (1) Entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”) during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
In order to complete your Registration you will need to enter your full name and phone number; which will be used to track your Registration during the Contest Period.
5. LIMITS AND ADDITIONAL ENTRY RULES:
The Sponsors and each of their respective ofﬁcers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Entries, Requests and/or other information (all of which is/are void).
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per Eligible Entrant.
If it is discovered by the Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsors’ interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest (all as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualiﬁed from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors. An Entry/Request may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors) it is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
All Entries, Requests, and entrants are subject to veriﬁcation at any time and for any reason. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identiﬁcation): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry, Request, and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsors’ interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsors within the timeline speciﬁed by the Sponsors may result in disqualiﬁcation in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the ofﬁcial time-keeping device(s) used by the Sponsors. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an Entry or of an attempted Entry or of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Sponsors.
There will be a total of one (1) Prize available to be won. The prize consists of two (2) customized River Lions jerseys, two (2) River Lions New Era hats, two (2) River Lions face masks, two (2) River Lions scarves, one (1) foam finger, one (1) cowbell, and two (2) seasons tickets for the River Lions 2022 season with a total approximate value of $750.00. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be speciﬁcally permitted by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or ﬁtness of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each conﬁrmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsors or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be ﬁt for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each conﬁrmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsors and all of the other Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
8. ELIGIBLE PRIZE WINNER SELECTION PROCESS:
On July 20th, 2021 (the “Draw Date”), at the ofﬁces of MCU, one (1) Eligible Entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The odds of winning are one (1) in the number of eligible Contest Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
9. ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS:
The Sponsors or their designated representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the eligible winner (using the information available to the Sponsors) within ﬁve (5) business days of selection as an eligible winner. If the eligible winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notiﬁcation as undeliverable and/or if any correspondence is not responded to; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualiﬁed (and, if disqualiﬁed, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the procedures outlined in Rule 9 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner). This process shall be repeated as many times as necessary to determine and successfully contact an eligible winner.
10. ELIGIBLE WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS:
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES, EVEN IF SUCH PERSON IS ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER OR AN ELIGIBLE WINNER. BEFORE BEING DECLARED AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsors’ form of declaration and release). By participating in the Contest and accepting a Prize, the eligible winner hereby: (i) conﬁrms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/ misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/ or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Sponsors may, in its sole and absolute discretion, require the eligible winner to sign and return the Sponsors’ form of declaration and release prior to conﬁrming the eligible winner as a conﬁrmed winner in accordance with these Rules. If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return any required Contest documents within the speciﬁed time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualiﬁed (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the procedures outlined in Rule 9 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner). This process may be repeated as many times as necessary to determine a winner of the Prize.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsors with respect to all aspects of this Contest are ﬁnal and binding on all entrants without right of appeal or review, judicial or otherwise.
12. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSORS AT ANY TIME. The Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual that it deems to be in violation of these Rules. The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse an Entry from any person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualiﬁed or is otherwise ineligible to enter. In their sole and absolute determination, the Sponsors may disqualify any person who acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person and to void all such person’s Entries.
13. The Entrant agrees that the Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure – including, but not limited to, the failure of any website or any platform during or after the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any information or materials (including, but not limited to, Entries, Eligible Transactions and/or Requests) to be received, captured, recorded or function properly for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or trafﬁc congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identiﬁed as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
14. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/ or to comply with applicable law.
15. By entering this Contest, each entrant permits the Sponsors, their respective agents, promotional agencies and/or representatives to collect the information submitted with your Entry, and/or Request and to use it to administer the Contest. If you have also consented to the use of your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, you agree that MCU may send you offers, promotions and information about its products and services. MCU may communicate with you through various channels, including email, telephone, social media or mail, using the contact information you have provided. We will respect your preferences otherwise recorded with us. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
16. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, any website(s), platform(s), point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of either of the Sponsors, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, the Sponsors or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conﬂict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.