Terms and Conditions for 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer - Transfers to Meridian Wealth
Meridian Credit Union is offering a one percent bonus (“1.0% Cash Bonus Offer”) from August 26, 2021 to October 10, 2021 to TO Live subscribers, subject to satisfaction in Meridian Credit Union's sole discretion, of the eligibility criteria set forth in these terms and conditions.
In order to qualify for the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer, new Members must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Apply for and be accepted into membership with Meridian and purchase one (1) Membership Share in Meridian, at the price of $1.00 CDN.
2. Be a legal resident of Canada and have reached the age of majority in the province of territory in which he or she resides at the start time of the Offer Period
3. Be existing TO Live subscribers.
4. Registered and non-registered cash, investments, or a combination thereof (“New Assets”) must be transferred into a new or existing investment account at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”) from an investment firm account outside of Meridian Credit Union, motusbank, Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Securities, Credential Financial Strategies and Qtrade Direct Investing. Options, personal mortgages, units of limited partnerships or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union cannot be transferred in as New Assets.
5. The transfer of New Assets from an investment firm into a Qualifying Account must be initiated no earlier than August 26, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Toronto, Canada time (the specific date of transfer is referred to as the “Transfer-In Date”).
6. New Assets must be received into a Qualifying Account no later than 4:00 p.m. Toronto, Canada time on December 15, 2021. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be paid after December 15, 2021 but no later than December 31, 2021 on New Assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments). Qualifying Investments are all investments held in a Qualifying Account other than Non-Qualifying Investments. Non- Qualifying Investments include the following: cash, money market funds, premium savings accounts, GICs, options, personal mortgages, fixed income securities with a duration of less than six months, shares of CCPCs, units of limited partnerships, or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion (collectively, “Non-Qualifying Investments”).
7. Qualifying Investments must be received on or before December 15, 2021 and must remain in a Qualifying Account.
8. Qualifying Investments must have a minimum market value, as determined by the valuation method set forth herein, of $6,000 per type of Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
9. Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c) locked-in registered retirement savings plan accounts; (d) registered retirement income fund accounts; (e) spousal registered retirement income fund accounts; (f) life income fund accounts; (g) tax free savings accounts; (h) non-registered accounts.
Valuation and Payment
10. At the time of receiving the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer the Member must be a resident of Canada.
11. Valuation of Qualifying Investments will be based on the market value of the Qualifying Investments as of 4:00 p.m. Toronto, Canada time on the Transfer-In Date. If New Assets are transferred in over more than one day, the value for all Qualifying Investments will be based on the date the last New Asset arrived.
12. The amount of the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be 1.0% of the market value of the Qualifying Investments provided the Net Qualifying Investments are $6,000.00 or more. The maximum bonus payable is $600.00 per Member.
13. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer is determined by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion and is payable on new assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments) after December 15, 2021 but no later than December 31, 2021.
14. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be deposited into the same Qualifying Account as the New Assets, and will be made in the depositing currency.
15. U.S. dollar accounts will be converted at prescribed rates in effect at Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities as applicable, as of the Transfer-In Date in order to determine whether Members qualify for the amounts payable pursuant to the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer. All amounts paid will be paid in the currency in which the Qualifying Investments were denominated at the time of receipt, up to the maximum in Canadian dollars that is expressed herein.
16. All payments pursuant to the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be made by Meridian Credit Union.
17. You have until January 31, 2022 to notify Meridian Credit Union if the Cash Bonus Offer has not been deposited into the Qualifying Account. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for the Offer.
18. This offer can not be combined with any other offer.
19. Meridian Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this offer, wholly or in part, with any other offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to withdraw this offer altogether. Meridian reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer.
20. Additional terms and conditions apply to opening an account with Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities, and the transfer in, and operation of, accounts at any of Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities.
21. Meridian Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any offer.
22. All new accounts with Credential Asset Management Inc. and Credential Securities will be opened as nominee accounts.
23. Meridian Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities are not responsible for transfers that are not initiated or received and completed by the dates stated in Sections 5 and 6 due to problems or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any other delays on the part of the delivering institution.
24. Meridian Credit Union representatives that are not registered with Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities will not be involved in any investment decision involving a Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
25. The Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities representative managing a Qualifying Account must be affiliated with Meridian Credit Union.
26. Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Direct Investing, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Financial Strategies Inc. is a member company under Aviso Wealth Inc., offering financial planning, life insurance and investments to members of credit unions and their communities. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, cash balances, mutual funds and other securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. There can be no assurances that the money market fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.