Meridian Wealth Pre-Authorized Contribution Bonus Offer</br>Terms and Conditions
Meridian Credit Union is offering a cash bonus on funds transferred from Meridian or an external financial institution for setting up and maintaining a pre-authorized contribution between October 3, 2023 and December 31, 2023 subject to satisfaction in Meridian Credit Union's sole discretion, of the eligibility criteria set forth in these terms and conditions.
To qualify for the cash bonus Members must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Meridian Members who have achieved the age of majority in Canada.
2. Meridian Members who are Retail Members. Existing Wealth Members or those that held a Wealth account with Credential Asset Management or Credential within the last 12 months are not eligible for this Offer.
3. Only one cash bonus per Member will be awarded during this promotion.
4. An Initial Deposit of at least $250 must be received within 30 days of the account opening. Any additional lump sum deposits that are not part of a regular pre-authorized contribution will not be considered as part of the Transfer of Funds; they will not be eligible for the cash bonus.
5. The Member must make a minimum Initial Deposit that can be comprised of cash and/or securities totalling $250. This Initial Deposit is separate from the Member’s pre-authorized contributions (refer to sections 6 and 7 for details).
6. The pre-authorized contributions must be set up and funded within 30 days of signing the new account agreement. The pre-authorized contribution must come from a source that is not Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Securities nor Qtrade Direct Investing.
7. The pre-authorized contribution must be a monthly minimum of $25, which is maintained for at least 3 consecutive months and is to be held within the account at the time of the cash bonus payment.
Assets eligible for the cash bonus offer with respect to Initial Deposit, are balances held in registered investments (refer to section 11 for the details). The initial deposit must be comprised of cash and/or securities that are transferred from an investment firm account outside of Credential Asset Management Inc. Credential Securities, or Qtrade Direct Investing. The initial deposit can come either from a registered or non-registered account. However, upon transferring to Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”), Assets must be transferred into a new registered investment account. Assets eligible for the cash bonus with respect to the pre-authorized contributions, are pre-authorized contributions made to Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities and to the same account as the account opened for the Transfer of Funds.
8. Eligible Assets must be transferred into a new registered investment account at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”). Options, personal mortgages, units of limited partnerships or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union cannot be transferred in as Assets.
9. The transfer of Assets from Meridian or from an investment firm account outside of Credential Asset Management Inc. Credential Securities, or Qtrade Direct Investing into a Qualifying Account (refer to section 11 for details) must be initiated no earlier then October 3, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Toronto, Canada time (the specific date of transfer is referred to as the “Transfer-In Date”).
10. Qualifying Investments include all investments held in a Qualifying Account (refer to section 11 for details) and exclude Non-Qualifying Investments. Non- Qualifying Investments include the following: premium savings accounts, GICs, options, personal mortgages, fixed income securities with a duration of less than six months, shares of CCPCs, units of limited partnerships, securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion (collectively, “Non-Qualifying Investments”).
11. Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c) tax free savings accounts; (d) registered education savings plan accounts; (e) registered disability savings plan accounts.
Valuation and Payment
12. At the time of receiving the cash bonus the Member must be a resident of Canada.
13. Cash bonus value will depend on the pre-authorized contribution value set by the Member (see table below). Pre-authorized contributions must be received for 3 consecutive months within the qualifying account and remain in a Qualifying Account until the cash bonus is paid in order to be eligible for the cash bonus.
|Pre-Authorized Contribution Value and Schedule (set by Member)||Cash Bonus Total Value (matched by Meridian)|
|$25 - $49 per month||$25|
|$50 - $99 per month||$50|
|$100 - $249 per month||$100|
|$250 or more per month||$250|
14. The valuation of a Member’s cash bonus value (refer to section 15 for details) will be based on the qualifying Member’s actual pre-authorized contribution value. If the Member’s pre-authorized contribution value is changed during 3 month qualifying period, then the total cash bonus will be prorated accordingly. The initial deposit and pre-authorized contributions must be held in qualifying investments to be eligible for the cash bonus payment.
15. The cash bonus offer will be paid to the qualifying account of the Member who qualifies for and accepts this Offer, on one of the dates set below:
Lump Sum Received by
First Pre-Authorized Contribution Received between
Second Pre-Authorized Contribution Received between
Third Pre-Authorized Contribution Received
Pre-Authorized Contribution Matched by Meridian
Oct 3 - Oct 31
|Oct 3 – Oct 31||Nov 1 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – Dec 30||By Jan 31, 2024|
|Nov 1 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – Dec 31||Jan 1 – Jan 31||By Feb 29, 2024|
Nov 1 - Nov 30
|Nov 1 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – Dec 31||Jan 1 – Jan 31||By Feb 29, 2024|
|Dec 1 – Dec 31||Jan 1 – Jan 31||Feb 1 – Feb 29||By Mar 31, 2024|
Dec 1 - Dec 31
|Dec 1 - Dec 31||Jan 1 - Jan 31||Feb 1 - Feb 29||By Mar 31, 2024|
|Jan 1 - Jan 31||Feb 1 - Feb 29||Mar 1 - Mar 31||By Apr 30, 2024|
16. After the Member has made a pre-authorized contributions for 3 consecutive months, Meridian will pay out the applicable cash bonus (up to a total of $250 – refer to table 13 for details) and add it as a one time bonus to their Qualifying Account.
17. This Offer may not be combined with any other Offer.
18. Meridian Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this Offer, wholly or in part, with any other Offer, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to withdraw this Offer altogether. Meridian reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit, or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the cash bonus.
19. Additional terms and conditions apply to opening an account with Credential Asset Management Inc., or Credential Securities, and the transfer in, and operation of, accounts at any of Credential Asset Management Inc., or Credential Securities.
20. Meridian Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any Offer.
21. All eligible accounts must be administered by Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities and not by a third party such as a Mutual Fund Company.
22. Meridian Credit Union representatives that are not registered with Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities will not be involved in any investment decision involving a Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
23. The Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities representative managing the Qualifying Account must be affiliated with Meridian Credit Union.
24. Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Direct Investing, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, cash balances, mutual funds and other securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. There can be no assurances that the money market fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.