Investment Advice for Beginners - Long Term Investing
Get a cash bonus of up to $250* when you set up a pre-authorized contribution
Wondering how to invest while paying your expenses? You’re not alone. Our recent in-depth survey found that 70% of Millennials and 82% of Gen Zs feel uncertain about their financial futures.
That’s why it’s important to start early. Regular, long term investing builds good habits, while allowing you to earn compound interest throughout the year. It also offers flexibility, by allowing you to set aside small amounts of money at a time.
Work with a Meridian Financial Planner
When you meet with a financial planner, either in person at one of our branches or virtually, they'll show you how to invest with confidence. They’ll help you choose the right investments, while answering questions such as:
- Should I contribute to a TFSA or an RRSP?
- How much of my salary should I be saving?
- What’s the best way to pay down student debt?
- What’s the best way to save for my first home?
You call the shots with self-directed investing
Interested in making your own investment decisions? You might prefer a do-it-yourself approach. At Meridian, we’ve partnered with Qtrade Direct Investing™ to give you the freedom and confidence to:
- Invest securely on the Qtrade platform
- Learn about investing through Qtrade’s online self-help tools
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, ETFs, and mutual funds
- Make the most of low trading fees
Ready to take advantage of our special offer?
Interested in earning up to $250 when you open a registered mutual fund account and set up a pre-authorized contribution? To take advantage of this offer, use the form below to submit your details. We’ll contact you at a suitable time.
Alternatively, you can give us a call or book an appointment with one of our advisors.
*All fields are required.