Meridian Wealth Match a PAC Offer - Terms and Conditions
Meridian Credit Union is offering a cash bonus on funds transferred from Meridian or an external financial institution for setting up and maintaining a preauthorized contribution (PAC) between July 5th, 2022 and August 31st, 2022 subject to satisfaction in Meridian Credit Union's sole discretion, of the eligibility criteria set forth in these terms and conditions.
To qualify for the cash bonus Members must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Meridian Members who have achieved the age of majority in Canada.
2. Meridian Members who are Retail Members. Existing Wealth Members are not eligible for this offer.
3. Offer is open to only a single Member, and single account.
4. An Initial Deposit must be received within 30 days of the account opening. Other non-regular lump sum deposits will not be considered as part of the Transfer of Funds and will not be eligible for the cash bonus.
5. The Member must make a minimum Initial Deposit of $250.
6. PAC must be set up and funded within 30 days of signing this agreement. The PAC must come from a source that is not Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Securities nor Qtrade Direct Investing.
7. PAC must be a monthly minimum of $25 for 3 consecutive months within the account.
8. Assets eligible for the cash bonus offer with respect to Initial Deposit are balances held in registered investments (refer to section 12 for the details). The initial deposit can be transferred from an investment firm account outside of Credential Asset Management Inc. Credential Securities, and Qtrade Direct Investing. The initial deposit can come either from a registered or non-registered account, however upon transferring to Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”), Assets must be transferred into a new registered investment account. To qualify as New Assets, the assets must not have been transferred out of a Qualifying Account at any time within the previous twelve (12)months.
Assets eligible for the cash bonus with respect to pre-authorized contribution (PAC) are pre-authorized contributions made to Credential Asset Management Inc.or Credential Securities and to the same account as the account opened for the Transfer of Funds.
9. Eligible Assets must be transferred into a new registered investment account at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”). Options, personal mortgages, units of limited partnerships or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union cannot be transferred in as Assets.
10. The transfer of Assets from Meridian into a Qualifying Account must be initiated no earlier then July 5th, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Toronto, Canada time (the specific date of transfer is referred to as the “Transfer-In Date”).
11. PAC must begin within 30 days of the initial purchase and continue for a minimum of three months. Qualifying Investments are all investments held in a Qualifying Account other than Non-Qualifying Investments. Non- Qualifying Investments include the following: money market funds, premium savings accounts, GICs, options, personal mortgages, fixed income securities with a duration of less than six months, shares of CCPCs, units of limited partnerships, or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Meridian Credit Union in its sole discretion (collectively, “Non-Qualifying Investments”).
12. Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c)tax free savings accounts; (d) registered education savings plan accounts; (e) registered disability savings plan accounts.
13. Qualifying Investments must have a minimum market value, as determined by the valuation method set forth herein, of $250 up to a maximum of $49,999 to be transferred into Qualifying Account(s) held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
Valuation and Payment
14. At the time of receiving the cash bonus the Member must be a resident of Canada.
15. Cash bonus value will depend on the PAC value set by the Members:
|PAC Value and Schedule (set by Member)||Cash Bonus Total Value (matched by Meridian)|
|$25 - $49 per month||$25|
|$50 - $99 per month||$50|
|>$100 per month||$100|
16. Valuation of Qualifying Investments will be based on the market value of the Qualifying Investments as of 4:00 p.m. Toronto, Canada time on the Transfer-In Date. If Assets are transferred in over more than one day, the value for all Qualifying Investments will be based on the date the last Asset arrived.
17. The cash bonus offer will be paid to the designated account of the Member who qualifies for and accepts this Offer one of the dates set below:
|Account Opened||Lump Sum Received by||1st PAC Received by||PAC Matched by Meridian|
|Jul 5 - Jul 31||Aug 31||Jul 5 - Jul 31||By October 31st|
|Aug 1 - Aug 31||By November 30th|
|Aug 1 - Aug 31||Sept 30||Aug 1 - Aug 31||By November 30th|
|Sept 1 - Sept 30||By December 31st|
18. This offer may not be combined with any other offer.
19. Meridian Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this offer, wholly or in part, with any other offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to withdraw this offer altogether. Meridian reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Cash bonus.
20. Additional terms and conditions apply to opening an account with Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities, and the transfer in, and operation of, accounts at any of Credential Asset Management Inc., and Credential Securities.
21. Meridian Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any offer.
22. All eligible accounts with Credential Asset Management Inc. and Credential Securities must be nominee accounts. All new accounts eligible for the Cash bonus/ with Credential Asset Management Inc. and Credential Securities will be opened as nominee accounts.
23. Meridian Credit Union representatives that are not registered with Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities will not be involved in any investment decision involving a Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities.
24. The Credential Asset Management Inc. or Credential Securities representative managing a Qualifying Account must be affiliated with Meridian Credit Union. Confidential.
25. Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Direct Investing, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, cash balances, mutual funds and other securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. There can be no assurances that the money market fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.