Looking for a fun way to save some money? Challenge yourself to a money-free weekend - it’s a great way to try out some money-saving habits. Plus, you can put the money you save toward one of your savings goals, like a special purchase, or an emergency fund.
It’s simple: No spending money on anything. No grocery runs, no spending on any kind of entertainment, and so on.
Benefits of a money-free weekend
- It’s a simple, and immediate way to save money
- You can practice getting more value out of the things you already have - like the food in your freezer or pantry
- Extra quality time with family and friends
Ideas for your money-free weekend
- Check for free events going on in your community
- Play board games or do a puzzle
- Hold a potluck - with dishes created only from items that can be found in your pantry
- Take a long, relaxing bath
- Make a time capsule
- Listen to some podcasts
- Try some meditation to find your zen
- Work on a new skill - like juggling or baking bread
- Go on a photography walk
- Learn something new with an online tutorial, like card tricks or yoga
Give a money-free weekend a try sometime soon. Your wallet will appreciate the break and you might find that it helps you form some helpful savings habits, too.