Updates to Meridian online banking and mobile banking app
Recent enhancements and new features
Learn all about the latest updates from Meridian. We’re always working to upgrade our services and provide a banking experience you feel good about.
Direct paths to debit card security and credit card rewards
November 19, 2023
This month we've made three things a little easier:
- You can now report a lost or stolen debit card (and request a replacement) directly from your app or online banking.
- You can also connect securely to the credit card rewards site directly from your app and online banking.
- We've made several small improvements to the Two-factor Authentication process for an enhanced user experience.
Improved control of debit cards and faster mobile cheque deposits
September 10, 2023
This month we’ve added better ways for you to manage your debit card and make easier mobile cheque deposits:
- With just a few clicks, you can temporarily lock your debit card if it’s lost or stolen
- You can now order a new debit card directly from your app or online banking
- If we flag suspicious transactions on your account, you can now use two-factor authentication to confirm them
- In our mobile cheque deposit feature, fields will now auto-populate to make things a little bit easier
Keep your accounts secure while travelling with push notifications
August 13, 2023
This month we've made three improvements to make digital banking more secure and a little bit easier:
- For added security, you can now receive push notifications for two-step authentication wherever you're using the Meridian app
- Newly added how-to videos and improved FAQs will help you get the most out of online banking
- Enhancements to the look-and-feel of online banking will improve accessibility for all of our Members
Mobile app improvements in June include added convenience and greater login safety
June 18, 2023
For our June release, we’ve made several mobile app enhancements for a better banking experience. These improvements mean Members can now use the app to:
- Activate a new Meridian debit card
- Start an application for a Meridian Visa* credit card
- Contact Member Support more easily
- Enjoy better ways to customize your alerts
- Feel more secure at login thanks to behind-the-scene security enhancements
Log in to the Meridian app today to start enjoying these added enhancements!
Two new alerts and a design tweak in May make the Meridian mobile app more secure and convenient
May 14, 2023
This month we’ve introduced two new alerts and tweaked the interface design for a more secure and enhanced user experience with the Meridian mobile app:
- For added security, you'll now receive an alert whenever a new device is used to log into your account
- You'll also receive alerts when your Meridian debit card is blocked, to help fight fraud
- As well, we've tweaked the app’s look and feel to make it a little easier to deposit cheques and find your Qtrade accounts
Check out all of the alerts now available in the “Manage alerts” tab of your app or online banking!
5 new improvements to the Meridian mobile app in April
April 16, 2023
This month, we’ve made five upgrades in the Meridian mobile app to streamline and enhance your user experience:
- First, two-step authentication is now little bit easier to use. At sign-in, note that two-step authentication has been pre-checked to “Don’t ask me again for 60 days,” so that it doesn’t come up every time you sign in. However, if you sign in on an unknown device, you'll be prompted again to perform two-step authentication. Of course you can uncheck this box whenever you wish.
- You can now see added detail pertaining to holds and limits when you’re initiating e-transfers, cheque deposits, and bank-to-bank transactions.
- You can now easily view scheduled transfers from the Transfer tab menu.
- We've added a joint Membership alert that flags whether the Membership is enrolled in online tax document delivery.
- Lastly, we've made improvements to the default look and feel of alerts to improve your app engagement experience.
Access tax documents through online banking and the mobile app
March 5, 2023
- Once you register to access your tax documents online, you can filter your tax statements by year and download them.
- You can also choose to receive alerts when new tax documents are added.
- Paper tax documents will still be mailed to you.
Register through online banking: Log in and select ‘eStatements & Documents’. From here, you can register in the ‘Tax Documents’ tab.
Register through the mobile app: Log in to the app and select ‘Tax Documents’ from Settings or through Account Summary.
Add attachments to your secure messages in the mobile app
March 5, 2023
Send attachments via secure messages in the mobile app. Just select the Member Support icon, choose ‘My Messages’, and get started.