Jump to Main Content

Special offers | Responsible investing | Tips and advice

Planning for your future starts now


What if you could take actions now to make yourself more financially resilient? The good news is, you can. Investing in yourself early makes a huge difference down the road. Think of it as a gift to your future self.


Special offers to help you save more


Offer #1: We’ll help you get started by matching contributions up to $1001

Here's how it works:

  1. Open an RRSP or TFSA mutual fund account and make an initial contribution of $250.
  2. Set up an automatic monthly deposit for as little as $25 for a minimum of 3 months.
  3. We'll match your PAC up to a total of $100. The amount will depend on your automatic monthly deposit.

If you’re interested in this offer, send us your details and we’ll be in touch, or find your nearest branch.


Contact me Find a branch

Offer #2: Get up to $750 when you transfer your RRSP or TFSA to Meridian Wealth2

Transfer your TFSA or RRSP to Meridian Wealth by March 1, 2021.

Here's how it works:

You'll need to transfer a minimum of $10,000.

You'll get a 1% cash bonus on the funds you transfer to Meridian, up to $750.

If you’re interested in this offer, speak to your advisor or give us a call.


Find an advisor

Market-linked GICs: market potential without the risk

With a Market-Linked GIC, you get the potential upside of the stock market but your principal investment is 100% guaranteed.

1-Year Global Diversified Market-Linked GIC: A shorter-term investment with plenty of market potential. Maximum cumulative rate: 1.00% (1.00% annualized).

3-Year Financial Services Market-Linked GIC: Invest for a longer term. No matter how the market performs, you’re guaranteed a minimum return of 1.00% on your principal. Maximum cumulative rate: 7.00% (2.28% annualized).

Explore all market-linked GICs


Responsible investing with NEI portfolios


Invest in a better world while growing your wealth. Our partnerships with Credential Securities and Credential Asset Management Inc., both subsidiaries of Aviso Wealth, give you access to a variety of investment portfolio options, such as bonds*, stocks*, and mutual funds* to suit your unique needs and risk profile.

NEI Select Responsible Screens (RS) Portfolios: Maximize opportunities, without investing in companies that generate a large portion of their revenue from tobacco, weapons, nuclear power, gambling and pornography. Available in different risk profiles and various plan types (TFSA, RRSP and non-registered).


Risk: Low to medium

80% of this portfolio’s investments are in equities (stocks), while the remaining 20% are in fixed income (bonds). Equities provide great potential for long-term growth, while bonds provide stability.

Historical annualized returns as of December 15, 2020

YTD

1-year

3-year

5-year

10-year

Since inception Dec 14, 2009

7.00%

7.13%

5.72%

6.10%

6.30%

6.43%

 

Fund facts


Risk: Low to medium

Offers roughly a 50/50 split between investments in stocks and bonds. This portfolio increases your potential for growth while maintaining stability.

Historical annualized returns as of December 15, 2020

YTD

1-year

3-year

5-year

10-year

Since inception Dec 14, 2009

6.47%

6.42%

4.86%

5.04%

5.39%

5.48%

 

Fund facts


Risk: Low

With 80% in bonds, this portfolio has been designed to offer stability. The other 20% of your portfolio is invested in equities (stocks), which provide growth potential.

Historical annualized returns as of December 15, 2020

YTD

1-year

3-year

5-year

10-year

Since inception Oct 3, 2011

3.64%

3.49%

3.56%

3.75%

-

3.92%

 

Fund facts


Tips and advice from the experts


Get your savings started


The sooner you start saving for the future, the greater the advantage later in life. Here are some ideas and direction to get you started.

 
 

Meridian second opinion service


If you have an investment portfolio with another financial institution, we’d be happy to review it and offer you a free second opinion.


Growing your portfolio


Life can throw multiple financial priorities at you at once. Here are things to consider when saving for your future.

   

Borrow to invest


Need a top up for your RRSP? Sometimes it makes sense to borrow the funds for your contribution.

Learn more about RRSP loans

Talk to an advisor, and find out if an RRSP loan makes sense for you.


Terms and conditions


1 Match a PAC

Match a PAC cash bonus is a limited time offer, minimum initial deposit of $250 and minimum $25 monthly PAC is required. Only registered mutual fund accounts are eligible for the offer. Terms and conditions apply.

Credential disclaimer: Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual funds securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.

Match a PAC Terms and Conditions
 

2 1% Cash Bonus

1% cash back bonus is a limited time offer, minimum transfer $10,000 per Member is required. Only registered deposits transferred to eligible accounts from Financial Institutions other than Meridian or those affiliated with Meridian are eligible. Terms and conditions apply.

1% Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions
 

NEI

*Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit values and reinvestment of all distributions for the period ended, December 15, 2020, and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. NEI Investments is a registered trademark of Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. Credential Qtrade Securities Inc., Credential Asset Management Inc., Northwest & Ethical Investments Inc. are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Aviso Wealth Inc. ("Aviso").Aviso is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aviso Wealth Limited Partnership (“Aviso Wealth LP”), which in turn is owned 50% by Desjardins Financial Holdings Inc. (“Desjardins”) and 50% by a limited partnership owned by the five Provincial Credit Union Centrals (the “Centrals”) and the CUMIS Group Limited.