90day Non-Redeemable GIC Offer
Meridian: Park Your RRSP Contribution 90d Non-Redeemable GIC Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Meridian Credit Union is offering a 90day Non-Redeemable GIC Rate Offer of 5.00% (the "Offer") for a limited time only available to Retail Members who;
a. Purchase GICs in an eligible Registered Plan type (TFSA, RRSP or RRIF) and
b. Open an eligible investment from February 15, 2023 to March 1, 2023
- This offer may not be combined with any other offer, and a maximum eligible account balance of $1,000,000 per Member
- Meridian Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this offer, wholly or in part, with any other offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to withdraw this offer altogether. Meridian reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Offer
- Meridian Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any offer
- All deposits to Registered Plans are subject to the limits imposed by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The Eligible Member is fully responsible for monitoring their individual contribution limits and ensuring any and all deposits fall within these set CRA limits. The Eligible Member further agrees to at all times indemnify and hold Meridian harmless in respect of any such penalties or charges imposed upon the Eligible Member as a result of these imposed limits.
- GIC interest rates expressed are annual interest rates and current as of date of publishing. Rates are subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated and accrued daily. Interest is paid at maturity unless otherwise specified. The minimum required investment is $100. Applicable to Retail Members only.
- Eligible deposits in registered accounts have unlimited coverage through the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA). Eligible deposits (not in registered accounts) are insured up to $250,000 through the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA).
To qualify for the Offer, Members must satisfy all the following eligibility criteria:
- Meridian Members who have achieved the age of majority in Canada
- Meridian Members who are Retail Members
- The Offer is open to individual Memberships, and individual registered accounts
- The Member must make a minimum GIC Purchase of $100
- Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c) registered retirement income fund; (d) tax free savings account
- Assets eligible for the Offer can come either from a registered or non-registered account, however GIC must be purchased in an eligible registered plan (refer to section 12 for details)
- Registered assets transferred from an external institution, into a registered investment plan at Meridian Credit Union will be eligible, however must be initiated no earlier than February 15th, 2023, and no later than March 1st, 2023. The assets must be received by Meridian no later than 30 days from “Transfer-In Date”, which is specified as the specific date a transfer was initiated