Banking services for real estate professionals
At Meridian, we understand that your real estate business has unique needs. Whether you’re a broker just starting out or one who’s looking to grow a brokerage, it’s important to have a financial partner who’s in touch with the real estate industry and can provide tailored solutions that will support your business through every stage.
Financial considerations for real estate agents include:
- What it will cost to launch your own real estate firm
- Where you’ll be located, and if you’ll buy or lease a building
- The work/life balance – including creating a flexible schedule that makes the most of your professional and personal life
Meridian offers real estate agents financial solutions for:
- Working capital to hire additional staff to add expertise in a growing market
- Moving your premises to a better location or buying your own premises
- Opening an additional location in another region, or merging with an existing one
- Investing your cash reserves
Managing your cash flow
Going into business for yourself means you’ll enjoy more flexibility with your schedule. To effectively balance your practice and personal life and to get the most out of both, you’ll need a good cash flow management system.
Meridian has a number of business solutions that can help you manage your cash flow needs. It means you can spend more time focusing on what you do best – brokering the best deals for your clients – without having to worry about what’s happening with your money. Also, unlike other financial institutions, we offer immediate access to a dedicated Senior Wealth Advisor to help keep you on track as your business grows
Benefits of working with us
- Interest rates as low as Prime plus 2.00%
- Practice purchase financing up to 75%, covering equipment, leaseholds, building and goodwill
- Practice start-up, up to 75% financing for equipment, leaseholds and building
At Meridian, you’re not just another business
We understand we’re dealing with your hopes and dreams, and that what we can offer you has a profound impact on your life. We’ll carefully review your application with the goal of supporting you as a business partner.
For example, if you’re operating as a small business but are part of a larger firm, we’ll help you to control your income as an independent small business.
We’ll find a solution
Where banks may have responded with a flat “no”, at Meridian we’ll do our best to come up with a solution. We’re interested in becoming your business partner, not just a supplier.
We're here to help you figure it out
When we say there are no dumb questions, we really mean it. We’re really keen to help you complete your education, launch your practice and enjoy the rewards. So, contact one of our advisors to find out how we can support you on your business journey.
For more information about our Professionals program, visit: MeridianCU.ca/Professionals
To find an Advisor near you, visit: MeridianCU.ca/SBAdvisor
Please note that this is a guide only and should neither replace competent advice, nor be taken, or relied upon, as financial or professional advice. Seek professional advice before making any decision that could affect your business.